Thursday, May 26, 2011

Name That Funky Skin Condition

Alright kids, have at it. I have no idea what this is. It's not scabby and no hair falls off, which is why I don't think it's rain rot or staph. Like I mentioned before, it's exactly like cradle cap. And it's all over her belly. Lucy has a little bit of it on the top of her udder, but nothing like Ethel. It was hard to get a good picture of it, but do your best and tell me what you think. If you figure it out, let me know. Thanks!



Look how much her chichis are swelling. I'm pretty sure she's got a bun in the oven.


And good news about Lucy. She is NOT pregnant, thank god. She went into heat this last week, tongue waggling and back end dripping. Must have missed her last cycle.

3 comments:

  1. It is really hard to see. Didn't you mentioned not that long ago they had unwanted bug buddies too? You might want to call a vet and have skin scrapings done to check.

    Sorry. Wish I could help. I mentioned it to a neighbor and he said it could be several things with wet weather and they look really similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love all the posts on lucy. i have never known so much about a goat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My puppy has had something like that. It's like dirt, caked on that gets kinda funky. Ok, now I feel like a shitty pet owner, but she's a farm dog! Rolling around in the goat pen, eating poo....Have you tried washing her yet? And did you treat it like cradle cap? (or crap, as we always called it). Ironically, when I looked this up, I found someone whose baby had it and she was swearing by goats milk soap to get rid of it... Ug, I'm no help...

    ReplyDelete