Friday, May 6, 2011

Got Gardener's Hands?


Try my healing balm. According to all who have used this stuff, it's the shiznit. My sister swears it healed the chronic rash on my nephew's hands. I've put it on the hubby's eczema and poof, those red bumps disappeared in less than 24 hours. It also seems to speed the healing process of the cooking accident burns that I seem to acquire every week or so. I bet it would work wonders on dry, cracked hands. Here's the top secret recipe:

Heidi's Healing Balm for Hard Working Hands

1 8oz jar of shea butter
a few squirts of avocado oil (maybe like 1/2-1oz?)
at least 4 droppers full of 800 IU vitamin E oil
a couple handfuls of calendula blossoms (fresh or dried)
1/2 a handful of lavender blossoms (fresh or dried)
1 handful of chamomile blossoms (fresh or dried)
30-40 drops of lavender essential oil
10 drops rose essential oil
5 drops chamomile essential oil
15 drops benzoin essential oil

Melt shea butter over low heat and add other oils and flower blossoms. Put in a 200-250 degree oven for one hour. Strain. Add essential oils and stir. Pour infused oil into small containers. I reuse those little metal medical marijuana containers since I know someone who has a lot of them. They're the perfect size and easily fit in a pocket or small purse. If you want the balm to solidify quickly, pop the containers in the fridge. Otherwise leave them at room temperature and they will firm up after several hours. If you make it, let me know if it works wonders for you too.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Guess that smells better than Bag Balm, huh?
    http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&sugexp=gsish&xhr=t&q=bag+balm&cp=6&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=8223651022190656588&sa=X&ei=72nETY6pIYH6sAP6_Im8AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CFAQ8gIwAg#

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, can't wait to try this! I wear gloves always and still my hands are crackly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that must smell divine! I wonder if it works on bee stings too? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. will make some for sure, thanks for the recipe! The only thing I don't like about playing in the dirt is dry hands and I can't stand wearing gloves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must say, when I looked at the picture without reading the text, looked mighty tasty. No doubt that's because I'm on a raw veg diet and everything is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete