Saturday, January 22, 2011

Spring Chickens Class



Want chickens in your backyard, but don't know if you've got the chutzpah? Come find out at Itty Bitty's first ever class on raising urban laying hens. We'll go over everything you need to know about responsible chicken ownership in a city: housing, feeding and general care, essential chicken terminology, predators, breeds, vaccinations, diseases and illnesses, purchasing chicks or pullets, legal issues, maintaining good neighbor relations, and local resources.

When: Saturday, February 26th from 1-4 p.m.

Where: Itty Bitty Farm (address given once you sign up)

Cost: $20-30 sliding scale (you can pay by cash, check, or Paypal)

To sign up, contact me at heidikooy(at)yahoo(dot)com and I will reserve a space for you. Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Your chicken looks alot like my chicken. http://blog.henrymilker.com/2011/01/how-to-care-for-chickens-in-dead-of.html
    If I were just a little closer than Alaska, I would attend Itty Bitty's first ever class on raising urban laying hens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I wanna go! How far is it from Nebraska? lol

    ReplyDelete