Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Not Such a Bad Gardener After All

I'm enjoying spending time in the garden during this lovely warm spell we've been having. And I've come to the conclusion that maybe my thumb isn't all that brown after all.

The speckled lettuce and escarole have been slow to grow, but are coming along nicely. You can even see some carrots in there.



This is my experiment bed where I threw in a load of radish, carrot, and beet seeds all nilly willy. The radishes are obviously winning.



I'm surprised at how well my chicken wire potato cages are doing, regardless of the leaning Tower of Pisa issue.



I will blame all of my previous garden mishaps on the rats, who, by the way, have been suspiciously quiet.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. It's been 5 days hasn't it? Hopefully they are gone for good!

    Oh, and radishes ALWAYS win. It's just how they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are at the annual Rodentia Incursio Consilio conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was Ute standing in the yard with a spear that scared them off. That was one fierce image.

    Garden looks lovely

    ReplyDelete