Friday, January 7, 2011

A Dirty Job

And I have to do it. Twice a year. That's probably not good enough to get on Mike Rowe's show though. No props for this sh*t mucker.



I know it looks bad, but I guarantee it smells a thousand times worse. You know that odor when you floss your teeth and a big ol' hunk of last night's dinner comes popping out from between your back molars? That's what crap, hay, and ten inches of rain will smell like, but kicked up a few notches Emril Lagasse style. I can only handle it for a couple hours before I start retching. Since it takes me about three hours to complete the job, I space it over a couple days.

The chickens freak when I do the dig out as tons of yummy worms are revealed under all that muck. They barely even touch their feed on these occasions. Lots o' worms = happy chickens.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, the smell must be something! Maybe you can invest in one of those gas masks. The chickens look happy though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you deep litter or is this just rain-soaked muck?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we use the deep litter method. in the summer it's not as bad because there is more sun, and when we fluff stuff dries out. with all the rain, there has been very little fluffing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a while since I have visited your space and oh my... seems I picked a super stinky day to swing by. You are so freaking funny, I am laughing out loud. Your discription of the funk, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete